4/20/2007

Just a few Tidbits from a muddled mind ...

Is it Thursday or is it Friday? According to the clock, it is already Friday, but I'm still running on Thursday's time because my days and nights are scrambled again. So humor me and let's pretend that it's still Thursday.

It's been awhile since my last post. Personally, I wasn't sure that anyone was actually reading this, but a little bird told me that there are at least a couple of wonderful people that are interested in our crazy life here at the cabin. Thank you. It's been kinda rough around here lately. The weather has continued to be our biggest issue. It's almost May and our yard is still blanketed in about six inches of snow and ice. But, Praise God, it's warming up and beginning to melt off! Major Payne and I have spent the better part of today out on the deck soaking up the sun and watching the snow melt. Major is our old dog. He and I have been together for almost 12 years and as the years go by, have grown old together. We both hate winter and both get such a bad case of cabin fever each year. The very second the sun comes out and the temps get above freezing ... we head to the deck! Today he was in absolute heaven. At about 55 degrees, the sun was so warm and with only 1/4 of the deck still under snow & ice. He would sun himself until his black coat absorbed enough heat to inspire him to amble over to get a few bites of the massive snow cone. Then he'd go back to his favorite spot and that's where he'd stay. I couldn't bring myself to work in the house today. It was simply too pretty. After hauling my easel and paint supplies outside, I too soaked up the warmth of the sun and painted to my heart's content. Despite the pain in my body ... my spirit was doing a 'snoopy dance'! Praise God for spring time!

The past few weeks have been a real challenge for me. My mountain man seems to think it was just cabin fever, but it felt more like a desert experience. It's so ironic that being surrounded by freezing temperatures and several feet of snow ... I felt like I was wandering through the desert. Like the Jewish people wandering through the wilderness in their exodus out of Egypt, I felt just as hopeless and lost. I am still seeking God's guidance on this and feel a bit more hopeful, but it is going to take time to truly understand why. Many years ago when I needed God to guide my life, He gave me the following Scripture:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
This has become my Scripture and my anchor. Whenever I find myself not understanding God's will ... I find that this simple Scripture answers all my questions.

For now, we are getting ready to start the busy summer season and take a few minutes here and there to stop and watch the snow melt.

May the Lord bless you.