10/24/2009

Tim's Rock



It’s raining again here at the cabin. All I can say is, at least it’s not snow. There hasn’t been much of anything going on around here lately. Honey’s Dad and Brother-in-law have been working on burying the new water line before the freezing temperatures are here to stay. Awhile back my brother-in-law had a boo boo while he was working on the ditch. I didn’t want to post these pictures until the tractor was fixed and back in operation. Tim has amazing skill when he uses his tractor; but that day things just happened and the “rock” came out of the bucket and put a nice size dent in the hood. Actually, I think it shattered pretty much all the hood. From what I hear, Tim was in no real danger – he was out of the seat and off the tractor before the rock ever landed. Personally, I think he has some big guardian angels, and sometimes they have to work overtime. Amazingly the tractor was still functional. He loaded it up and hauled it to a friend’s house to have the rock removed. The tractor and his dignity have now been restored. If the weather cooperates, the line should be buried and everything back to normal by the middle of next week.

There’s really no more news to speak of right now, and my coffee cup is empty. So I guess it’s time to get back to work.

Have a great day and may the Lord bless you.

2 comments:

Northern Farmer said...

You can't believe how I feel the pain of that wreck! And that ain't an old John Deere either!

Lee Ann said...

Good morning Tom!
Let me tell you, he was heart broke! I told him to plant that rock in his frount yard so everyone could see his rock. (Bragging rights, ya know) He's got BIG angels!

Have a great day and be careful out there.

May the Lord bless you!