2/01/2007

Welcome to our Mountain Home

It's a long way from the plains of West Texas to the mountains of New England. As a girl, I would see pictures of the beautiful New England fall foliage in text books and wonder what it would be like to see it all in person. Many years later, God introduced me to my 6'6" mountain man and now fall is only one of the many seasons I see on a yearly basis. Our blended family lives in the rustic cabin his family & he built by hand many years ago. I was a Southern country girl and this transplant as been a real culture shock for me.
Combined, we have a teenager, three grown children, a wonderful son-in-law, and two adorable granddaughters. This little homestead is only a small piece of land, but we've become more convinced that we need to get back to the simple way of living. Our challenge has been how to use what the Lord has blessed us with to it's fullest potential. We still have a lot to learn, but each year we make more progress. When I get discouraged, I am reminded that if we are faithful in a little, He will provide more. He has also taught me that no matter what the circumstance, He will take care of our needs & there is no need to worry.
Welcome to our Mountain Home.

No comments: