6/15/2007

Catching up

I know that I've been quiet too long. The start of the summer business has really taken it's toll on all of us. For anyone who has ever needed equipment to work, they know that no matter how good it has been maintained ... the very minute you need to equipment to work ... it's going to break down. We have had one breakdown after another since spring and honey has been working around the clock & calendar to keep it going. I help where & when I can, but I'm mostly moral support. The business has been coming in faster than we can handle and it requires the phone line to be kept free most of the time. I wish we could get DSL here at the cabin, that way we could have the phone line and the internet at the same time. But, for right now, we're just making due and trying to make the best of things. Things should smooth out before too long.

The weather here has been absolutely crazy. The temps have been between 65 & 80 during the day, and absolutely freezing during the night. This doesn't bode well for my body. I haven't been as busy this summer as usual. I've decided to take a break from gardening this year and focus my attention on tasks that I can handle a bit better. I still have the garlic and herbs to take care of. On my less than wonderful days, I paint. I just finished a new painting and am pleased with it. I'll try to upload pictures of it soon. Painting helps get my mind off the pain and helps me feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day.

On a side note: I have always been an avid reader, but these past few years I've found that reading doesn't come as easy to me as it used to. I have started getting books on tape/CD from the library and it is such a joy to "read" again! I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I remember the old movie with Cary Grant, and as much as I liked it, I discovered that the book is SO much better! It is read by Sissy Spacek. If you've never explored this form of reading ... please do. My youngest son used to get books on tape when he drove the 18-wheeler.

Some days the situation(s) feel a bit overwhelming and I have a hard time finding God's blessing. But, He has reminded me recently that His blessings are always there, but I just get too caught up in the storms to see the rainbows. As the thunderstorms come and go in your day-to-day lives ... watch for rainbows. They are there, we just have to be still and look for them.

May the Lord bless you,