12/30/2007

Back to work

Vacation is over here at the cabin. We've had a week of no substantial snowfall and have used the down time to catch up on chores and sleep. I even pulled the easel out, dusted it off, and am attempting to finish a painting that I started before I left for Texas. It's large and has alot of details, so this could take most of the winter to finish. I like the detail; that's what makes the paintings come to life. God has given us so much beauty and diversity in this world around us; and I try my best to squeeze as much of this into each painting.
The new year is almost here. I've just gotten used to it being 2007 and it's already time to switch again. If I had to sum up 2007 into one word, I guess that word would be "hope". The Lord has shown me over and over again this year that there is hope in every area of our lives. Relationships can be mended, lives can be given another chance, and dreams can be rekindled. Praise God, there is always hope! 2008 is going to be a great year!
The seed catalogs are starting to come in. I feel like a little kid with a Sears & Roebuck Christmas Catalog! Oh my goodness! Three different kinds of squashes, five different kinds of peppers, and the tomatoes! ... oh my! I can't wait for the snow to melt! This dreamin' is what helps me get through the long winters. Soon I'll be starting the seedlings in the mud-room downstairs and waiting for the day when they can all be transplanted outside. Last year the garden and I took a break; but this year I'm hoping to be up to my eyes in pole-beans!
With these happy thoughts in my head, I'd better bundle up and take the dogs out before I head on to bed. Have a wonderful night.

May the Lord bless you.

No comments: