8/25/2008

In the shadow of the Cross


It's been kind of busy here at the cabin. With all of this 'down-sizing' and stuff, I am up to my eyeballs in boxes that Meja and I pulled out of the loft. Actually, she fought her way through the spider webs and dust to gather the boxes and I caught them as they came down. My balance isn't good enough to be playing on ladders and she is as nimble as a cat. God bless my wonderful daughter for giving up her only day off to help me with such an awful chore.

Yesterday was a wonderful Lord's day. After a morning of home-church, honey settled back to read and I finished the painting I've been working on all summer. I'm still not very good, but I have so much fun doing it. I have always loved "folk-art". To me it has always captured my imagination and seems to tell stories of times long ago.

Here's the latest one ...
I won't tell you the story but I will tell you that my title is "In the shadow of the Cross".

Have a blessed night and a wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments: