10/10/2008

Long Night = Short Post

Last night was a long night. We have a pack of coyotes that live up here in the meadow. Most of the time they stay across the meadow, spending their nights howling & singing. Lately, we've noticed that they have been coming closer to our side. Last night, Honey said they started howling and such up in the woods behind the house around midnight. Around 1:00 or so, he said that it sounded like they were in our back yard raising cain. Bear tolerated it for as long as he could stand it before he started barking at them. He sleeps in the laundry room downstairs below our bedroom, and his barking woke me up. As the old saying goes ... when I'm up, I'm up. So, it's made for a very long night. I guess hearing him bark and me stirring around convinced the coyotes to move along to someone else's yard. Bear settled down and I was on my own in the quiet cabin. It wasn't so bad really. I caught up on the latest news, weather, ...gossip. There's alot of craziness going on out there. And if the presidential elections don't happen soon, I think I'll go mad. For two solid years that's all the news talks about. It's terrible when a hurricane distracts the news folks ... and I get excited. At least it was a change from the Obama/McCain news.

It's time for a nap before I get on my political soapbox.

Have a wonderful day, and may the Lord bless you.

No comments: