1/14/2009

Through The Land of Ice & Snow


It's finally here. This is the point in winter where we feel like we're having a heat wave when the temperature goes above Zero. This will last several weeks as a rule, and unfortunately, this is the weather that drops me to my knees. I'm sorry for the gaps in my writing; but please be patient with me until this is over and then I'll be right back in the saddle.

I don't remember if I've shown you this particular image before. When I look at it, I'm reminded that as sojourners, sometimes our paths lead through the desolate places. This particular path is very appropriate right now.

"I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and He helped me.
Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealth bountifully with thee.
For thou hast delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living."
~Psalm 116:1-9

As a sojourner, I have often wondered why my path has taken these particular twists & turns. Maybe one day the Lord will tell me. But, I do know that I have learned so much about trusting Him. He has provided for me in ways that I can't even begin to describe, but most of all He has given me peace that passes all understanding. That alone is worth the price of the ticket.

May the Lord bless you.

No comments: