2/26/2009

My Hero

It’s been a glorious day here at the cabin. The temperature was up in the 40’s and the sun was so bright. Praise God. I guess I’ve got a touch of cabin fever and need the weather to cooperate. Who knows, when Spring finally gets here, Bear & I may just be out in the yard doing our Snoopy dance.

I’ve got a new hero. You know, I never really could understand the fascination with Superman, Batman, and especially Spiderman. For one, can you really respect someone who wears their underwear on the outside of their clothes? Batman wasn’t too bad, at least he made sense in a way; but Spiderman is just too creepy. It’s that whole spider thing I guess.

No, my hero is real live flesh & blood. He’s a Senator from Colorado. I read about him in the news this morning and although I said that I would try to stay away from politics for awhile ~ let me tell you about my new hero. On Feb. 23rd, Senate Bill 88 was about to be voted on. Senate Bill 88 was to grant insurance benefits to homosexual partners of state employees. Senator Scott Renfroe, R-Greeley stood up in front of the Senators and explained that homosexuality was outside the design & will of God. He began reading the Scripture “Ye shall not lie with a man as one lies with a female. It is an abomination …” He went on to say that although we have sin, such as murder & adultery, we don’t make those legal and “I stand in my belief that this is wrong, and we should not condone it as a government.” You can read the entire article Senator to ‘gay’ lawmakers: ‘Homosexuality is a sin’ at WorldNetDaily. As you can guess, the homosexual folks are raising all kinds of cain over this. He is under enormous attack because he had the courage and the faith to step up to the plate and proclaimed God’s Word. In a society of mediocre Christianity, I applaud Senator Renfroe!

I did a search and found Senator Renfroe’s email address. It’s Scott.renfroe.senate@state.co.us. I’m asking everyone to drop him a line and encourage him. The homosexual community is lambasting him with everything they’ve got and he needs to know that he’s not left out to dry by the Christian community. Also, I ask that you stand in the gap and hold him & his family up in your prayers. Without a doubt, they will be persecuted.

Before I close this, I want to explain very clearly that I don’t ‘hate’ those who choose the homosexual lifestyle. I have some very dear friends that I love so much who have chosen this for themselves. Their choice breaks my heart, but God is very clear that the act of homosexuality is a sin. It goes against the natural order that He put into place; thus the inability to naturally reproduce. God loves each of us and wants us to turn from our sins, not just homosexuality, and come to Him for Salvation and a close personal relationship with Him. Is it easy? No. Sometimes we have to fight against the carnal lusts of the flesh. Is it worth it? You betcha!

May the Lord bless you.

No comments: