3/11/2009

God's Judgment

The past few days have been very difficult for me, both physically & mentally. So during this “down time”, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking & looking around. There’s been a fire growing in my spirit for several days now. Without too much detail, I’ve been evaluating my writing over the past few months. Have I gotten off track? Have I become too political? All these questions have been going through my mind. I’m not a professional writer by any stretch of the imagination. The only reason I write is because of my relationship with God. Deep inside me is a need to share that love with others. I write about home ~ because of our love for the Lord, God is here. I write about relationships ~ because Honey & I both love the Lord, I found out just how good marriage can be. I write about family ~ because God has blessed me with two wonderful parents, four tremendous kids, an awesome son-in-law, two soon to be daughters-in-law, two sweet granddaughters, a soon to be grandson, and a great extended family. That makes me a very blessed woman.

Sometimes I feel a little nudge from God to address a particular thing or to share a little something that He’s taught me in my day to day events. Am I some prophet? I don’t think that’s my calling, although He sometimes speaks to me of things to come. But, I feel that anyone who truly wants a personal relationship with God can hear His voice. It’s not necessarily a loud audible voice. It’s more like a still small voice in your spirit. He speaks through His Scriptures. The Bible is amazing. It’s called the “living Word” for a reason. God also speaks through His people.

A day or so ago, I learned about a prophecy given by David Wilkerson, pastor of Times Square Church in New York City. If you remember, David Wilkerson wrote The Cross & The Switchblade about his early years in New York. I have been receiving his newsletters from Times Square Church off and on for over fifteen years. I have included this prophecy An Urgent Message on Sojourner. I want to encourage you to take a look. Is this God speaking to us? In checking it with the Scriptures, I would say yes. The Scriptures are very clear about sin and what happens to people & countries who deliberately spit in the face of God.

God is love ~ true. But, He’s more than just a giver of warm-fuzzies. He’s the all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-majestic Creator of everything that ever was, is, and is to be. He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us ~ but He will not be mocked. He has given us opportunity after opportunity to turn away from our sins and repent. Instead, we continue to thumb our collective noses at Him. Times up. Will He continue to love us? Oh Yes. I’m sure He will take no pleasure in this judgment. But He is holy & just.

There have been numerous events in American history that God has used to correct us, individually and as a nation. After the correction, large segments of society would get back on the straight & narrow and turn back to Him ~ for a season. In the past almost 50 years, we as a nation have not only resisted His correction, but have blatantly turned our back on Him. We have been headed for disaster for a long time now. Will Christians be immune from this judgment? No. Our apathy and selfishness will be judged as well.

God does promise that if we turn from our sins and seek Him, He will be with us. He will get us through these coming times. I’d be a fool not to be concerned. But in looking to God, I know that He will neither abandon me nor will He forsake me. I won’t escape the times to come, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He will walk with me through it. He tells me in Psalm 91:15-16, “He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.”

In posting this, there’s a really good chance that some will call me a crack pot. That’s OK. Back in the years that I was drinking & carrying on, people called me a whole lot worse.
I’m nothing special ~ just a sinner saved by grace. Do I honestly believe that God is about to judge this nation and other nations around the world? I’ve been maintaining that judgment is due for a long time now. God loves each of us so much, that if we just turn from our sins the following promise is ours to claim:

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.” Proverbs 3:24-26

May the Lord bless and keep you.

No comments: