4/20/2009

The Signs of the Seasons

The weather here at the cabin has been absolutely beautiful. We could use more rain right now, but I’m just praising God for the warmer temperatures. We heard the bullfrogs today and Honey said that spring is officially here now. It’s funny how we know the signs of the season. In the Scriptures Jesus used the signs of the season when He tells the parable of the fig tree,

When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Matthew 24:32-33


To me, this is very encouraging. First, because He talks in a language I can understand. As I look around at the robins, the bullfrogs, and the geese, I understand the change in seasons is here. Second, when I look at the world around me, I can see the signs that tells me the Lord will return soon. I see the storm clouds on the horizon and I’m not afraid.

My question is, will the world miss us when Jesus takes us with Him in the rapture? I know the Left Behind books talk of widespread chaos when the Christians go with the Lord, but will there be enough of us to even cause the world to notice? While I was studying Isaiah today for a devotional that I want to add to Sojourner, I read Isaiah 57:1 and it made me wonder. Then Jesus tells of the ten virgins who are waiting for the bridegroom. Also, we’re told to pray that we are counted worthy to escape the things to come.

Let me tell you, there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t confess my sins and keep “prayed up”. I’ve read THE BOOK; I know what’s in store for the world during the tribulation ~ I don’t want to be here at that time. The more I see the signs described in Matthew 24, the more I’m sure the return of the Lord is right around the corner.

Are you ready to go too? Sometimes when I think about it, I feel like a little kid waiting for the family to gather & leave for a vacation. Do you feel that way too? Do you want to go tugging on everyone’s sleeve and tell them to hurry up and get ready so we can leave? Honey & I were talking a day or so ago about the coming rapture. The thought occurred to me that maybe we are waiting for that one last person to either accept Christ or get their sins forgiven and washed away. So, tell everyone you know and let’s get this show on the road.

John Hagee has a saying that I really like, “Pack up, Look up, We’re going up!”

May the Lord bless you.

No comments: