8/06/2009

Special Day

It’s a beautiful summer day here at the cabin. Short sleeves and open windows are the order of the day. I feel a storm coming, but right now it doesn’t get much more perfect than this.

Today is a very special day, and if you will indulge me, I have something important to say.

Happy Birthday Honey. I probably shouldn’t be telling folks, but turning 50 is special. You’ve weathered the storms in life, raised two beautiful daughters, and helped raise a son. You’ve taught them all to honor and love the Lord, and to work hard for everything they get. You are as protective as an old bear; but those that know you best have seen the tender compassion of a man who knows the pains in life, and one who wants to protect others from following that same path. You are honest to a fault, but have the wisdom not speak if the truth would hurt. You’ve been my better half, putting up with my craziness in a way that most people wouldn’t. You’re my rock and the absolute love of my life. I’m blessed beyond measure. I love you.

Everyone, have a great day & may the Lord bless you.

2 comments:

Northern Farmer said...

Well, the way I figure it fifty ain't all that bad! Kinda wish I was that again :)

Send my birthday wishes his way!

Lee Ann said...

Hi Tom! Let me tell you, he's wearing 50 awful good! His parents came by for supper last night and they stayed up too late talking. Didn't seem to slow him down much this morning. He was out the door ready to go with a new spring in his step.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes and I'm sure he'll see them tonight.

Have a great day, and may the Lord bless you.