10/13/2009

The End Of Fall





The chores are started for today, and I’ll stop and jot down a few things as I wander past the computer. This morning didn’t start off very well. I looked out the back door when I got up at 4AM, and it was raining. I didn’t think much of it. About an hour later as Honey was leaving to go to work, he opened the door, turned around and bellowed back to me – “ I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT WAS RAINING!!!”. We got our first snow of the season this morning! I’m sure that someone somewhere is rejoicing over this kind of thing; but we are not ready for the first signs of winter to hit just yet. Although, this is giving us an even greater sense of urgency to work harder & faster.

Things have been busy here at the cabin for the past week. Honey & his Dad finished putting in the new water tank Saturday. And for the most part, I’m up and going again. They still need to bury the new waterline outside as soon as possible, but everything inside is working fine. Sunday afternoon, Honey gathered up a load of scrap metal. Since he had to take yesterday off anyway, he figured he’d haul the load down to Claremont early. It was worth the trip. The proceeds will help pay for the repairs still needed on the motorhome.

Yesterday was ‘doctor day’. I usually go once or twice a year; but last spring my regular doctor decided that I needed to see the neurologist again. My doctors are up in Burlington, so it requires several hours to make the trip. There’s a lot I could say about my doctors, but it’s best that I don’t. I will say that we could have saved a lot of time, money, and aggravation if I could have just made a quick 5-minute phone call. Doctors aside, it was a nice trip for the most part. Fall is winding down here in New England. This year the colors haven’t been as brilliant as usual. But even the muted colors of rusty orange and yellow are beautiful. Here are a few pictures I took on the way back. Overlook the blurred stuff in the forefront, Honey’s lead-foot was heavier than usual yesterday. These were taken west of Montpellier. It’s a good thing we were able to get them, the beautiful part of fall is over now. I’m also adding a quick picture I took of our first snow of the year this morning. It was only a taste of things to come, but it was still deeper than anything I ever saw as a teen in West Texas. I recommend enlarging them to get better detail.

Well, I have to get back to work. Have a great day and may the Lord bless you.

No comments: