8/05/2007

Fleas!

Lions, tigers, and bears ... oh no! The destruction of man will come from the insect world. Or at least my sanity will be destroyed by an insect so small that I can't even see it without my glasses. Due to what was a small case of fleas picked up at a dog kennel a few years back, we have now come under a full-fledged attack from fleas. I have shampooed, sprayed, and powdered the animals until they are probably cleaner than I am; but, to no avail. (Whenever I open the bathroom door, the dogs run & hide.) The tiny insects have massed produced until our cabin has become completely overrun. I can say for certainty that the insect "bombs" do not work. They only coat everything in the house with chemicals. So now I not only am at war with the little monsters ... I'm also riding the house of poison. I have spent the past two weeks in serious combat. I have sprayed, shampooed, and vacuumed just about everything. We're making a serious dent in the population, but I've still got a ways to go. Any tips would be more than welcome right now!

As I clean & clean & clean ... etc., I have often thought that this little fleas are alot like sin in my life. When the first one showed up, I didn't immediately attack to destroy it ... I ignored the problem in hopes that it would just go away. When ugly little thoughts pop up in my mind, I find that if I don't immediately attack & dispel them ... they become comfortable, fester, and grow until it ends up taking some serious cleansing & prayer to get them out. So as I go about my days of cleansing the house of our unwanted pests, I have also spent time cleansing my mind & heart of alot of unwanted sins.

Confessions like this aren't easy to do. Admitting to others that my home is infested is humbling to me; and admitting that my spiritual heart is infested with ugly thoughts is even more so. With God's help, I will win the battle with fleas, and He will have a servant that will be able to come into His presence cleansed.

May the Lord bless you.