4/25/2009

Spring Has Finally Come

I was up around 5:30 this morning and was happy to see daybreak had already started. Spring has finally come to the meadow. Praise God! I have waited so long for this and spent most of yesterday outside. Bear was as happy as I was to spend some down time out on the deck, me reading and him just watching the world go by.

Honey got a call from the office yesterday. He should be going back to work May 4th. With the economy the way it is, we were relieved to hear the news. After so many years of being self-employed, it's hard to base everything on an outside job now. God got us through a really lean winter, and has taught us even more about how to manage our home & our money more efficiently. We discovered that we can live on alot less than we thought. Now if the lessons will just carry through to the summer.

We're off to a pretty good start. My garden plants downstairs have taken off. They've outgrown the starter containers and already need re-potting. That's my goal for today. When I get busy in the mudroom I become lost in my own little world. Bear sits at my feet while I play in the dirt. I usually have my tunes cranked up loud and I'm singing (I used that word loosely) praises to God at the top of my lungs. What a wonderful way to spend the day!

Honey has been busy parting out the old equipment from his former business. His main plow truck left yesterday. We named it the beast years ago because there was literally no place it couldn't go. Honey happened to be gone when they came to get it. I stood in the driveway and watched them hook a tow line to it and begin to drag it up onto the bed of the tow truck. I think they forgot to put it out of gear, because as I watched it almost looked like the truck was dragging it's back tires in resistance to the men's' efforts. The truck served us well and we all have some really fond memories, so it was hard for me to watch it go. I'm glad Honey wasn't here to see it leave. He came out of the deal very well, so that made it a little easier to say goodbye.

It's time to get the day started. Have a wonderful day and may the Lord bless you.

No comments: