9/16/2009

Things Are Turning Around

It’s a chilly fall day here at the cabin. After a really rough couple of days, it looks like positive things are beginning to happen. The motorhome has been paid off, and when we get the paperwork today or tomorrow, I’ll go get it registered. Hopefully we’ll be going to Maine this weekend to pick it up and bring it home. That puts us one step closer to the goal. If everything goes as planned, I won’t be dreading winter again this year. I’ve been thinking a lot about family recently, and it sure will be great to see everyone again. It has been so long.

The well people are here and drilling as I write. Honey told me that it would still be a couple of days before we have running water, but we are closer now than we’ve been in a long time. Praise God! I will have to think long and hard before I take such simple conveniences for granted again. I’ve decided that I was born for the here and now. As romantic and adventurous as the pioneer days were, I would have never survived. I need running water, electricity, and the internet! (ok, so maybe I don’t actually NEED the internet, but it sure is nice to have!) I’m spoiled. I know it. And I like it. So many changes have been made in technology since I was a child. Back then the original “Star Trek” was true sci-fi. We couldn’t even imagine a life so ‘automatic’. Now, we look back at that show and realize that in so many ways, we’ve surpassed that lifestyle. I don’t know that the teleport theory will ever become a reality, but I’m sure man will continue to try.

I’m excited to be part of the generation that will see the coming of Christ! It gets spooky to look around and see the book of Revelation coming to life, but Christians have the thrill of the Rapture to look forward to. Some days, it can’t come fast enough. Other days, I think that it would be so good, but there are still people that need to hear about the Lord before it’s too late. It’s sad to know that there are so many that we love who haven’t accepted the Lord as their Savior, and will miss the opportunity of being with the Lord when He returns. I can’t help but wonder – just what is it about this life that is so ‘great’ that it holds more appeal than Jesus? Even without the promise of Heaven, I couldn’t imagine going through this life without the peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit.

Well, I’ve got to get busy. Honey will be home soon. Tonight maybe I’ll cook a real meal and we can celebrate. Have a great evening and May the Lord bless you.

No comments: